I'm a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I'm the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver and a member of the PyMongo team. I contribute to asyncio and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me.
- Ryotan Sensei August 2015. Ryotan Sensei, a senior priest, during the Village Zendo's summer retreat.
- Seizan At The Village Zendo's Summer Retreat July and August 2015. Seizan, a member of the Village Zendo, at the summer meditation retreat.
- Announcing libbson and libmongoc 1.3.0-rc0 A couple fixes and features since the 1.3.0 beta.
- Black Pipe Testing: In Summary Black pipe testing does not replace other kinds of tests, but there are two scenarios where it shines.
- Finn September 2015. My friend in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
- Announcing libbson and libmongoc 1.2.2 A fix for hidden secondaries, and an improvement to the build system.
- Announcing Motor 0.5 with asyncio, Python 3.5, and "async" / "await" This version is compatible with Python 2.6 through 3.5, and it can use either Tornado or asyncio as its async framework.
- Summer Meditation Retreat: Interiors July and August 2015. Interiors at the Grail retreat center, during the Village Zendo's summer meditation intensive.
- Tokuyu Tokuyu, our liturgy master, explaining a Zen ceremony.
- Walking Meditation Kinhin, during the Village Zendo's summer retreat.
... More Posts
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.