I'm a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I'm the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver. I contribute to PyMongo, asyncio, Python and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me.
- Dharma Talk at Sing Sing: Joy And Pain of Bearing Witness On Saturday, I saw Sara Bennett's photos of women paroled after years in prison. On Sunday I talked about them with my prison sangha.
- Ubuntu 16.04 Includes The MongoDB C Driver Installing the driver on Xenial is as easy as "apt-get install libmongoc-1.0".
- Please! Vote For Me At Open Source Bridge If you like my talk proposals, give me a boost.
- Union Square West New York City from the roof of a building on 17th Street.
- The East Village Democratic Primary Hillary Clinton's decisive ice cream.
- April Portraits 2 Portraits in Andrew French's daylight studio near Union Square, New York City.
- Bethlehem Steel Photos of the retired Bethlehem Steel Plant, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Code Podcast: Event Loop & Coroutines I talked with Saúl Ibarra Corretgé and Andrey Salomatin about event loops and coroutines for the Code Podcast.
- A Fierce Tiger Training ourselves, bit by bit, to be liberated from fear and to live wholly.
- My First Two Articles For The PSF I've started blogging for the Python Software Foundation.
... More Posts
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.