I'm a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I'm the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver. I contribute to PyMongo, asyncio, Python and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me.
- Captioning Myself And 6 Other Ways I'll Prepare In The 24 Hours Before I Speak At Pycon How I prepare the night and morning before I give a technical presenting.
- I Saw You Fall So I'm Helping Women have been excluded from the software industry for decades, but we can change this. A talk I gave at the Village Zendo on May 22, 2016.
- The Biggest Gift You Can Give Your Mentor Have a goal, take your mentor's advice, and best of all: come back to tell them the outcome.
- Lumps Photographs of humps and bumps in the woods upstate.
- Dharma Talk at Sing Sing: Joy And Pain of Bearing Witness On Saturday, I saw Sara Bennett's photos of women paroled after years in prison. On Sunday I talked about them with my prison sangha.
- Ubuntu 16.04 Includes The MongoDB C Driver Installing the driver on Xenial is as easy as "apt-get install libmongoc-1.0".
- Please! Vote For Me At Open Source Bridge If you like my talk proposals, give me a boost.
- Union Square West New York City from the roof of a building on 17th Street.
- The East Village Democratic Primary Hillary Clinton's decisive ice cream.
... More Posts
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.