I'm a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I'm the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver. I contribute to PyMongo, asyncio, Python and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me.
- The East Village Democratic Primary Hillary Clinton's decisive ice cream.
- April Portraits 2 Portraits in Andrew French's daylight studio near Union Square, New York City.
- Bethlehem Steel Photos of the retired Bethlehem Steel Plant, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Code Podcast: Event Loop & Coroutines I talked with Saúl Ibarra Corretgé and Andrey Salomatin about event loops and coroutines for the Code Podcast.
- A Fierce Tiger Training ourselves, bit by bit, to be liberated from fear and to live wholly.
- My First Two Articles For The PSF I've started blogging for the Python Software Foundation.
- April Portraits April 2, 2016. Studio portraits.
- Announcing libbson and libmongoc 1.3.5 Fixes a bug in mongoc_cleanup and adds a configure option to disable automatic init and cleanup.
- Traven Fusho Rice March 20, 2016. Our winter practice leader's promotion to senior student, and her first dharma talk.
- Kaku March 19, 2016. Kaku, a priest and teacher at the Village Zendo.
... More Posts
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.