- Why Generosity Turns To Rage, And What To Do About It
If someone needs more effort than I expected, or if there's no payoff, I can lose my temper. How can I have a Beginner's Mind about generosity?
- My conversation with Mark Weiss on the new "Using Reflection" podcast
The lack of mentorship in the software industry, my freelancer days vs. my long-term commitment to MongoDB, and the influence of Zen on my career.
- Beginning a Zen Meditation Practice: 3-hour Saturday Workshop
Join me at the Village Zendo in NYC on September 30. Learn to meditate and bring Zen to your daily life.
- Tokuyu, Oshin, and Kaku
August 20, 2017. Zen priests at the Village Zendo's summer retreat.
- Jisei's Shuso Hossen
August 20, 2017. The Village Zendo's twice-annual ceremony in which a student gives her first dharma talk.
- Kaku and Giyu
August 6, 2017. Bob Kaku Gunn and Connor Giyu Gillis at the Village Zendo's summer retreat.
- Precepts Ceremony at the Village Zendo
Our annual jukai ceremony: four students vowed to uphold the Buddhist teachings.
- Living While Dying Is Tasty
My mother plans to die at 85. What will that final year be like?
- Issan House Photos and Stories
Photos and stories from three HIV-positive men in a Zen housing facility.
- Your Nerve Plant
To focus the mind, you first have to understand and accept the mechanism of mind-wandering.