I’m A. Jesse Jiryu Davis, a senior staff engineer at MongoDB, living in New Paltz, NY.
Here’s my speaking schedule.
- I joined the MongoDB Serverless Team in 2021.
- The Server Discovery and Monitoring Spec that governs how all MongoDB drivers connect to MongoDB server clusters.
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I helped maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python from 2011-2018.
- The queue implementation and an optimization to getaddrinfo in
asyncioin the Python standard library.
- Locks and queues for the Python Tornado async framework.
- A bugfix to Python’s threading module.
- Concurrent getaddrinfo in Python on BSD.
- eXtreme Modelling in Practice, VLDB 2020.
- Co-author with Guido van Rossum of the “Web Crawler With asyncio Coroutines” chapter in 500 Lines or Less, the fourth book in the Architecture of Open Source Applications series.
- Contributor to The Definitive Guide to MongoDB.
- Contributor to Lion’s Roar: “5 Ways to Get into the Meditation Habit”, “Ordinary Zen”, “If Siddhartha Didn’t Leave Home”, “Steve Jobs”.
- LWN.net Linux Weekly News: “Assembling the history of Unix”.
- RedHat’s OpenSource.com: “Grok the GIL: How to write fast and thread-safe Python”, “How to avoid humiliating newcomers: A guide for advanced developers”.
I’m a Zen student at the Village Zendo.
Unless you’re a recruiter.
I look like this: