I regularly speak at the Village Zendo about Zen Buddhism. You can:
- Listen to my talks and read transcripts here
- Subscribe to my podcast in iTunes
- Podcast feed URL:
PyCon, Cleveland, May 2019.
Past technical talks
ConFoo, Montréal, March 2019.
PyTennessee, Nashville, February 2019.
PyCon Canada, Toronto, November 2018.
PyTennessee, Nashville, February 2018.
- Why Generosity Turns To Rage, and What To Do About It
- What To Expect When You’re Expiring: Safety Rules For __del__
Global Diversity CFP Workshop, February 3, 2018.
- “Writing Winning Proposals for Tech Conferences”, sponsored by PyLadies.
PloneConf, Barcelona, October 2017.
PyCon, Portland, May 2017.
MongoDB World, New York, June 2016.
Open Source Bridge, Portland, June 2016.
PyCon, Portland, May 2016.
- Discussion of event loops and coroutines, with Saúl Ibarra Corretgé and Andrey Salomatin.
SoCal Linux Expo, Los Angeles, January 2016.
Open Source Bridge, Portland Oregon, June 2015.
- “Cat-herd’s Crook: Enforcing Standards in 10 Programming Languages” with Samantha Ritter
- “How Do Python Coroutines Work?”
MongoDB World, New York City, June 2015.
PyCon, Montréal, April 2015.
- “Eventually Correct: Testing Async Apps.”
- “Python Profiling: The Guts And The Glory.”
Talk Python To Me Podcast, April 2015
OSCON, Portland Oregon, July 2014.
- “What Is Async, How Does It Work, And When Should I Use It?”
Open Source Bridge, Portland Oregon, June 2014
MongoDB World, New York City, June 2014.
- “The Weather of the Century.” (Start watching around minute 7.)