I’m a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I’m the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver. I contribute to PyMongo, asyncio, Python and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me or find me on Twitter.
- White Flowers July 4, 2018. White flowers in San Jacinto State Park, near Yokoji Zen Mountain Center.
- Precepts Ceremony at the Village Zendo Our annual jukai ceremony: four students vowed to uphold the Buddhist teachings.
- Help Me Offer Professional Coaching to PyGotham Speakers Let's kickstart the careers of a diverse group of first-time tech conference speakers.
- Motor 2.0 Add multi-document transactions, delete a bunch of old methods and drop MongoDB 2.6.
- Justin von Bujdoss The director of chaplaincy and staff wellness for NYC department of corrections, and a teacher of Tibetan Buddhism.
- The Real Shit Stick Unmon said that Buddha is a dry shit stick. Why? Where is Buddha in this regular, shitty, unsatisfactory experience?
- Server Discovery And Monitoring In PyMongo, Perl, And C Our drivers' algorithms to discover and stay connected to your server, replica set, or sharded cluster.
- March To Triumph As A Mentor I've failed as a mentor, and succeeded. Here are the warning signs I watch for, and the steps I take to design a mentorship for success.
- Python C Extensions And mod_wsgi If you use mod_wsgi, or you're the author of a Python C extension, it's time for you to learn how they interact.
- Ordinary Zen A portrait series of Zen practitioners.
- Optimizing MongoDB Compound Indexes How to find the best multicolumn index for a complex query.
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.