I'm a senior Python engineer at MongoDB in New York City.
- Buddhists at the People's Climate MarchPhotos of New York Buddhist sanghas at the demonstration.
- Announcing The Server Discovery And Monitoring SpecThe new spec defines how MongoDB drivers connect to replica sets and other server topologies.
- Shuso Hossen, Summer 2014August 24, 2014. Bokushu gave his first dharma talk at the Village Zendo's summer meditation retreat.
- The Village Zendo's Precepts Ceremony, 2014August 10, 2014. Jukai, a ceremony for new Zen students to commit to upholding the precepts.
- Let Us Now Praise ResourceWarningsI used to hate Python 3's ResourceWarnings, until one saved my tuchus.
- PyCon 2014 Video: What Is Async, How Does It Work, & When Should I Use It?My talk about Python's asyncio library, and async frameworks in general.
- Night Of The Living ThreadA fun series about a race condition I fixed in Python's threading implementation.
- Python C Extensions And mod_wsgiIf you use mod_wsgi, or you're the author of a Python C extension, it's time for you to learn how they interact.
- Analyzing Python C Extensions With CPyCheckerSaves you from refcount bugs and segfaults.
- Moraff's WorldA very strange 1991 role-playing game, and the current state of videogame art.
- Review of "MongoDB Applied Design Patterns" by Rick CopelandAn excellent new O'Reilly book on MongoDB gives detailed, well-thought-out designs for a range of applications.
- Knowing When A Python Thread Has DiedSometimes thread.join() isn't enough.
- Optimizing MongoDB Compound IndexesHow to find the best multicolumn index for a complex query.
- Motor Internals: How I Asynchronized a Synchronous LibraryHow and why I wrote Motor, my asynchronous driver for MongoDB and Tornado.
- A Natural EnvironmentHow I love New York City.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- Toro: Locks and queues for Tornado coroutines.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.
Open Source Bridge, Portland Oregon, June 2014:
OSCON, Portland Oregon, July 2014: