I'm a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I'm the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver and a member of the PyMongo team. I contribute to asyncio and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me.
- Announcing libmongoc 1.2 Beta 1Further improvements to the MongoDB C Driver since the first 1.2.0 beta.
- Toro 1.0, the Final ReleaseThis version includes a new RWLock. Further development of Toro's ideas continues in Tornado itself.
- The MongoDB Shell's New CRUD APIWe took a reader's suggestion and updated the shell to match drivers' methods to create, retrieve, update, and delete data.
- The Village Zendo's Precepts Ceremony, 2015August 9, 2015. Jukai, a ceremony for new Zen students to commit to upholding the precepts.
- Charlotte, Two Years OldOur dwarf hamster Charlotte has lived longer than any others we've owned.
- PyCon Video: "Eventually Correct: Async Testing"My PyCon 2015 talk about testing asynchronous code with Tornado's included AsyncTestCase.
- PyPy, Garbage Collection, And A DeadlockYet another danger of __del__.
- Yangshan Plants His HoeMy inaugural dharma talk is on Zen and the work of reconciling injustice.
- Night Of The Living ThreadA fun series about a race condition I fixed in Python's threading implementation.
- Python C Extensions And mod_wsgiIf you use mod_wsgi, or you're the author of a Python C extension, it's time for you to learn how they interact.
- Moraff's WorldA very strange 1991 role-playing game, and the current state of videogame art.
- Review of "MongoDB Applied Design Patterns" by Rick CopelandAn excellent new O'Reilly book on MongoDB gives detailed, well-thought-out designs for a range of applications.
- Ordinary ZenA portrait series of Zen practitioners.
- Optimizing MongoDB Compound IndexesHow to find the best multicolumn index for a complex query.
- Motor Internals: How I Asynchronized a Synchronous LibraryHow and why I wrote Motor, my asynchronous driver for MongoDB and Tornado.
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.