I'm a staff engineer at MongoDB in New York City. I wrote Motor, the async MongoDB Python driver, and I'm the lead developer of the MongoDB C Driver and a member of the PyMongo team. I contribute to asyncio and Tornado. I study at the International Center for Photography and practice at the Village Zendo. You can read more about me.
- Announcing libbson and libmongoc 1.3.3 One bugfix to large batched writes.
- How To Send An Email Without Checking Your Inbox Go straight to GMail's "compose" window without being distracted by your incoming messages.
- Announcing libbson and libmongoc 1.3.2 Fixes a critical bug and a few minor ones.
- How To Hobble Your Python Web-Scraper With getaddrinfo() I discover that contention for the getaddrinfo lock on Mac makes it appear that connecting to localhost times out.
- Kitchen The tenzo and her crew, during the Village Zendo's summer meditation retreat.
- Milkweed Photos of milkweed from the Village Zendo's summer meditation retreat.
- Video of My Coroutines Live-Coding Demonstration, at SCALE14x Video of my SCALE14x live-coding demo, in which I implement a Python 3 async framework.
- Oryoki A Zen method of eating that leaves no food wasted and all the bowls and utensils clean.
- SCALE14x I'll live-code a Python 3 async coroutine framework this Sunday in Pasadena, at the SCALE14x conference.
- Announcing libbson and libmongoc 1.3.1 Fixes some build failures and bugs since 1.3.0.
... More Posts
- Facing Everything: Hiroshima And Our Complicity On the 70th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, I talk about our double complicity in the history of WWII.
- Server Discovery And Monitoring In PyMongo, Perl, And C Our drivers' algorithms to discover and stay connected to your server, replica set, or sharded cluster.
- PyCon Video: "Eventually Correct: Async Testing" My PyCon 2015 talk about testing asynchronous code with Tornado's included AsyncTestCase.
- PyPy, Garbage Collection, And A Deadlock Yet another danger of __del__.
- March To Triumph As A Mentor I've failed as a mentor, and succeeded. Here are the warning signs I watch for, and the steps I take to design a mentorship for success.
- It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time: PyMongo's "start_request" First in a four-part series about choices we regretted in the design of PyMongo.
- Python C Extensions And mod_wsgi If you use mod_wsgi, or you're the author of a Python C extension, it's time for you to learn how they interact.
- Review of "MongoDB Applied Design Patterns" by Rick Copeland An excellent new O'Reilly book on MongoDB gives detailed, well-thought-out designs for a range of applications.
- Ordinary Zen A portrait series of Zen practitioners.
- Optimizing MongoDB Compound Indexes How to find the best multicolumn index for a complex query.
- libbson and libmongoc, the MongoDB C Driver libraries.
- Motor: A full-featured non-blocking MongoDB driver for Tornado.
- PyMongo: I help maintain the standard MongoDB driver for Python.
- GreenletProfiler: A performance profiler that groks greenlets and Gevent.
- A queue implementation for
asyncioin the Python 3.4 standard library.
- I do portraits of Lower East Siders, residents of transitional housing, and American Buddhists.