We just released 1.2.0-rc0. This is a release candidate of libbson and libmongoc, the libraries that constitute the MongoDB C driver. The release includes features and bugfixes developed since 1.2.0-beta1. For an overview of what the 1.2.0 release means for you, read my announcement of the first 1.2.0 beta last month. In short: high-performance non-blocking I/O, and standardized logic for high availability.
Download the release candidate release tarballs here:
Notable bugs fixed since the previous beta:
- Much improved reporting of network errors, unavailable servers, and authentication failure
- Destroying an exhaust cursor must close its socket
- Various bugs in server reconnection logic
- mongoc_collection_aggregate returned invalid cursor after failure
- Wrong error message after failed network write on Sparc
- Missing JSON test files in release tarball
- Enable runtime asserts in release build.
- mongoc_client_kill_cursor is now deprecated and will be removed in version 2.0.
Version 1.2.0 final will be a stable release with additive ABI changes and bugfixes. It is compatible with MongoDB version 2.4 and later.
In the last few weeks my colleague Hannes Magnusson has shouldered a large portion of the work. Kyle Suarez is also working on the C Driver for his initial six-week rotation at MongoDB—he returns for full-time work after a triumphant internship with me last summer and he's become even more meticulous and productive in the year since we met. My great gratitude to both of them, and all who contributed to this release candidate:
- A. Jesse Jiryu Davis
- Hannes Magnusson
- Kyle Suarez
- Jose Sebastian Battig
- Jason Carey
- Remi Collet
- Yuval Hager
—A. Jesse Jiryu Davis