It is my pleasure to announce the second beta release of the MongoDB C driver 1.2.0. It includes features and bugfixes developed since 1.2.0-beta. Get it here:
- Set mongoc_client_pool_t's size with mongoc_client_pool_min_size() and mongoc_client_pool_max_size().
- The write concern "w=-1" is now documented as obsolete.
- Abundant fixes and additions to the documentation, beyond those in the previous beta.
Notable bugs fixed:
- Crashes and races in several replica set scenarios.
- The driver now uses the server's maxWireVersion to avoid an error and extra round-trip when executing aggregations on MongoDB 2.4 and older.
- Fixed network error handling in multiple code paths.
- connectTimeoutMS limits the time the driver can spend reconnecting to servers in single-threaded (non-pooled) mode with serverSelectionTryOnce.
Version 1.2.0 final will be a stable release with additive ABI changes and bugfixes. It is compatible with MongoDB version 2.4 and later.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this version of libmongoc.
- A. Jesse Jiryu Davis
- Hannes Magnusson
- Manuel Schoenlaub
- Kyle Suarez
- Remi Collet
I hope you'll try this beta and let me know how it goes. Open a ticket in our bug tracker in the "CDRIVER" project if you find an issue. If you try it and it goes well, email me! I'm firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you, and I need to know how the beta period is going for libmongoc users.
A. Jesse Jiryu Davis