- For Or Against?: 9/11 and The Precept of Non-Killing
On the 15th anniversary of 9/11, I describe my difficulties practicing nonviolence in a world full of violence.
- How To Write Resilient MongoDB Applications
How should my code respond to network errors, outages, and other exceptions?
- Server Discovery And Monitoring In PyMongo, Perl, And C
Our drivers' algorithms to discover and stay connected to your server, replica set, or sharded cluster.
- PyCon Video: "Eventually Correct: Async Testing"
My PyCon 2015 talk about testing asynchronous code with Tornado's included AsyncTestCase.
- March To Triumph As A Mentor
I've failed as a mentor, and succeeded. Here are the warning signs I watch for, and the steps I take to design a mentorship for success.
- Python C Extensions And mod_wsgi
If you use mod_wsgi, or you're the author of a Python C extension, it's time for you to learn how they interact.
- Review of "MongoDB Applied Design Patterns" by Rick Copeland
An excellent new O'Reilly book on MongoDB gives detailed, well-thought-out designs for a range of applications.
- Ordinary Zen
A portrait series of Zen practitioners.
- Optimizing MongoDB Compound Indexes
How to find the best multicolumn index for a complex query.