- Village Zendo's Winter 2022 Meditation Retreat
Photos from our Zen retreat at Garrison Institute.
- New Paltz Zen Center
December 18, 2022. Jo An, Keishin, and Ruby the dog practicing at the New Paltz Zen Center in upstate New York.
- Shugo's Shuso Hossen
October 29, 2022. A ceremony at the Village Zendo in which Jeff Shugo Berman gave his first dharma talk and was promoted to senior Zen student.
- Village Zendo's Summer Meditation Retreat 2022
Photos of my Zen community's first in-person sesshin since December 2019.
- Buddhist Groups Supporting Refugees
My Zen group, the Village Zendo, is leading a Buddhist project to resettle refugees in NYC.
- Priest ordination for Shōmon at the Village Zendo
August 2, 2021. This summer's head trainee, Willie Mukei Smith, was ordained and received the name Shōmon.
- How To Understand Non-Self: Buddhism And Conway's Game Of Life
John Conway's Game of Life is a math puzzle that gives us insights into the Buddha's teaching of anatman.
- Give Something Away to a Stranger
Rich countries and drug firms are acting selfishly during the pandemic. Selfishness is natural, but we can strengthen our universal goodwill through training.
- Nighttime meditation in East River Park
November 28, 2020. Members of the Village Zendo meditating outdoors at night in Manhattan's East River Park.
- These Unreliable United States
We're shocked how fragile our country is, but Buddha told us nothing lasts. We can rely only on the truth. A talk at Village Zendo, November 8, 2020.